Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

No Fear




Though an host should encamp against me, 
my heart shall not fear: 
though war should rise against me, 
in this will I be confident.
Psalm 27:3


It is simple-minded to think we can be forever rid of all our fears. As a matter of fact, some fear is healthy. God-given response to danger. However, when we clutch our fears and dwell on them, this is unhealthy. 

Carrying fears like a "security blanket" is detrimental to peace. But here is an amazing observation: some people do not want to let go of their fears. In a strange sort of way they enjoy the attention they receive from others when they remain fearful. 

What they do not realize is that peace of mind continues to elude them. Only by putting away growing apprehension can one escape total slavery to fear. Once freed from the chains of trepidation, the joys of confident peace can gallop through the soul.




No Fear Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this...
Posted by Australian Copts on Thursday, June 18, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment